Shakeology is a revolutionary high protein shake with over 70 healthy super food ingredients, making it the most nutritious shake available today!
The Shakeology program has been found to help you lose weight, fight disease, gain energy, and get healthy!
Shakeology was first launched in 2009 with two Shakeology flavors:
- Chocolate Shakeology
- Greenberry Shakeology
Over time, Beachbody continued to improve the Shakeology flavors by providing more potent ingredients, improving the flavor and also releasing the following new Shakeology flavors:
- Vegan Tropical Strawberry (2010)
- Chocolate Vegan (2010)
- Vanilla (2013)
- Strawberry (2014)
- Café Latte (January 2016)
In this post we’ll go over the different Shakeology flavors and determine the best tasting one 🙂
|What is Shakeology?…
In short, Shakeology is a nutrient dense, health shake that will help improve your health… Just like it’s helping thousands of others every single day…
Shakeology offers several health benefits no matter which flavor you decide to order…
However, each flavor does not taste the same… Leaving people to question “Does Shakeology taste good?” and “Which Shakeology flavor should I order?”
As a Team Beachbody Coach I have had the opportunity to taste each Shakeology flavor several times and using different Shakeology recipes…
I ordered the Shakeology flavors below according to my personal preference and from what other Beachbody Customers feedback… Enjoy 🙂
Shakeology Flavors Review: Taste, Texture, & Recommendations
Chocolate Vegan Shakeology Flavor
Chocolate Vegan offers the best Shakeology ingredients possible!
- It includes all the new super foods Shakeology has to offer.
- Is not as grainy as the Tropical Strawberry Vegan Shakeology when mixed with water and ice alone.
- Chocolate flavor is actually fairly light… not a super strong chocolate taste.
Plus, it’s made from natural cacao so it has a richer, darker chocolate taste than the original Chocolate flavor.
There are several Chocolate Shakeology Recipes you can use but it tastes great on its own.
Chocolate Vegan Shakeology is what I drink every morning for breakfast.
Chocolate Shakeology Flavor
Chocolate Shakeology is the most ordered shake:
- It offers the new super foods that are included in the Vegan Shakeology flavors.
- It has a stronger Chocolate flavor.
- And it’s much thicker and smother than any other Shakeology flavor.
If you never want to get stuck with a “healthy tasting” shake, then this one will satisfy your sweet tooth!
Strawberry Shakeology Flavor
Many people were hoping that Tropical Strawberry would taste like strawberry but it didn’t. So many strawberry fans had to wait a while for this flavor to come out and it was worth the wait!
- Strawberry Shakeology is smooth like most non-vegan Shakeology flavors.
- It tastes much like a strawberry shake.
- It’s thick and creamy.
This is a must have shake if you enjoy Strawberry smoothies!
Café Latte Shakeology Flavor
Café Latte is the newest Shakeology flavor that will be released to U.S. residents on January 11, 2016. And later released to Canada on November 2, 2016…
Regardless, I was able to get a sneak sample of the new coffee flavored Shakeology and I was blown away. Personally, I’m not much of a coffee drink but I would drink this!
Café Latte includes all the same superfood ingredients like the other Shakeology flavors AND WHOLE Coffee Fruit, which adds the coffee flavor and a whole set of additional health benefits. Here are the highlights:
- Cafe Latte is smooth.
- Has a light coffee taste. For those who prefer black coffee or bold blends, you may want to still add some of your own coffee into it.
- When blended with almond milk, it has a nice Starbucks’ Mocha Frappuccino taste to it. Sweet but not overly sweet. And definitely without the Mocha Frappuccino junk.
- Best of all, Cafe Latte has about the same caffeine as all the other Shakeology flavors and contains 75% less caffeine than an 8 oz. cup of Coffee. As a result, you will NOT get a High Energy Boost followed by a crash. Instead, it’s a natural energy boost like the other Shakeology flavors.
Coffee flavors have now found their new favorite Shakeology flavor! Learn more here: Café Latte Shakeology Review
Vanilla Shakeology Flavor
As you can read in this Shakeology review, Vanilla Shakeology was highly requested for several years. However, Beachbody had trouble creating a truly natural vanilla without using FDA loop holes that allow artificial ingredients in “natural” supplements.
With over 3 years of research and development, Vanilla Shakeology finally came to be!
- Vanilla Shakeology is smooth.
- Has a light vanilla taste that allows it to be modified fairly easily.
- And vanilla is nice and creamy. Much like a milk shake when you use almond milk.
Vanilla flavor lovers will not be disappointed by this!
Greenberry Shakeology Flavor
Do not mistake the name as the flavor!
Some people love Greenberry and others do not… One thing is for sure, it does not taste like a mixed berry shake!
- Greenberry Shakeology is probably the sweetest tasting.
- Offers more of a earthy and natural taste… with wheat grass and other natural herbs overpowering the flavor.
- It is a smooth Shake and tastes great when you include your own fruit into the mix.
There are several Greenberry recipes that you are welcome to try if the taste bothers you.
Personally, it took me a while before I could handle the taste but some people really love Greenberry.
Tropical Strawberry Shakeology Flavor
Of all the Shakeology flavors, Tropical Strawberry is the least over powering flavor… allowing you to customize it with other fruits or juices.
Though tasting ok, it loses point because being a bit grainy. It has been made smoother over the years but it’s still not as smooth as the non-Vegan flavors.
However, if you’re looking for a very light flavor Shakeology that you can easily customize, then Tropical Strawberry is what you want!
Check out the possible Tropical Strawberry recipes
Final Thoughts about the Best Shakeology Flavor
At the end the best Shakeology flavor is a personal preference… Right now, you can save money on Shakeology by ordering with Monthly Autoship:
- You can cancel at any time by calling Beachbody’s A+ Customer Service according to the Better Business Bureau: 1-800-470-7870
- You can change your Shakeology order to any flavor you want…
- Stick to Combo Packets!
- Change to a 30 Serving Bag!
- Even alternate flavors every month!
- You have complete control of your Shakeology order
- Plus, you can still take advantage of the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
- If you don’t feel healthier, more energized, and simply amazing, you won’t pay. You can return Shakeology for any reason and get your money back (less s&h)—even if the bag is empty!
- Shakeology 7 Day Sampler! – Sample ALL 7 Flavors
- Shakeology Vegan Sampler – Sample Chocolate Vegan & Tropical Strawberry
Money Saving Option for Sampling Shakeology – The Shakeology Super Sampler Costs $34.95 before shipping and taxes for only 7 Shakeology samples. After shipping and taxes, it’ll cost you about $45.26. Another option would be to order the “Shakeology Chocolate + Vanilla + Strawberry Combo Packets”. You’ll get a total of 24 packets. You won’t get the other 4 Shakeology Flavors (Chocolate Vegan, Greenberry, Tropical Strawberry, Cafe Latte). However, most people normally enjoy Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry the most. Or, you can check out the other Combo Packet Boxes that you may enjoy more!… When placing your order, make sure to order with monthly auto-ship to save even more money! Order Shakeology Here!
P.S. If you are looking for a way to increase your fitness, nutrition, social, and even occupational wellness, be sure to start with a FREE Team Beachbody Account and you will get support, motivation, and gain access to free tools to keep you on track with your wellness goals.
- Comprehensive Shakeology Review
- Shakeology Discounts
- 5 Dangers of Protein & Meal Replacement Shakes
- Home Page
Submit your review
I love love love shakeology! I have tried several protein shakes, gone to the vitamin stores, etc. For the past year I have been searching and was very hesitant to try skakeology because of the price. Heres the thing this actually costs about the same and from my experience WAY LESS in comparison to the other protein powders that I have bought.Why? The main reason is I would have to buy two-three of the same product to equal one bag of Shakeology. I was spending extra money to make up for lack of vitamins. I was swallowed into a money pit of $200+ a month. Now I don't spend more than $150. I have saved money switching to shakeology.
Shakeology has been my daily dose of dense nutrition for over seven months. When I have ran out for a day or so, I feel like I am missing something. Shakeology has given me that sweetness that has taken the edge off for my cravings as well. I feel as though after I have it, I feel like I have more energy as well as being in a better mood!
I have been using Shakeology for 2 months best meal replacement shake I have tried. Taste good and have lost 15 pounds. I put half milk and half water add 5 ice cubes and mix it in a blender sometimes add 1/2 a banana. It is a little high priced but I don't buy allot of the junk food I use to so my grocery bill has went down. Oh that is with the Strawberry flavor. Vanilla was good to. didn't care much for the chocolate and have not tried the Goberry. I would try the 25 packet sample box that way you can try the chocolate, vanilla and strawberry and figure out which one you like best.
I have one for breakfast and one for lunch. After a couple of days my cravings for sweets were completely gone. I was left feeling satisfied for hours after drinking shakeology. I haven't found any other protein shake that even comes close to the way shakeology curbs your appetite and eliminates cravings.After drinking shakeology daily for 2 months and engaging in moderate exercise for 30 mins a day, I lost 31 lbs. I highly recommend shakeology to anyone who is looking for something to reduce cravings, gives you energy, and boosts metabolism to help you lose weight. Yes, it's pricey, but to me it's worth it.
I have tried GNC and Costco protein options hoping to save some money. Several reasons I will go back to shakeology. 1) definitely curves the sweet graving 2) very filling; with fruits and veggies added. All I have for breakfast 3) I have had many hot flashes with the other brands and none with shakeology. Only negative is price and monthly commitment.