Daily Sunshine™ is an incredibly delicious 3-in-1 smoothie that was designed and formulated for kids’ nutritional needs. We know how hard it is to get your kids to eat right, especially when you’re competing with snacks that are loaded with sugar, salt, and saturated fat. So we took a whole-food-based approach and made Daily Sunshine with a fruit and vegetable blend, plant-based protein, and healthy fats. And we made sure it tastes so amazing, your kids will actually beg for it every day.
So whether you’re looking for an after-school snack for your kids or a healthy snack that won’t derail your own health and fitness goals, you can feel good about serving Daily Sunshine. That’s why we call it The 3-in-1 Smoothie for Picky Kids. And Pickier Parents!
WHAT’S IN DAILY SUNSHINE, AND WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT?
Daily Sunshine is specially formulated with the building blocks of nutrition kids need to help them grow up healthy and strong.
FRUIT AND VEGGIE BLEND
- Made with organic fruits: apple, strawberry, acerola cherry, blueberry, banana
- Made with organic veggies: sweet potato, spinach
- Equivalent to 1 full serving of fruits and vegetables per serving
- Acerola cherry is a good source of vitamin C.
- Spinach and sweet potato powder provide a natural source of key nutrients.
- Fruits and vegetables are important to a healthy diet. Daily Sunshine gives you plant-based sources of fiber and phytonutrients.
- Made with organic pea protein to deliver 10 grams of protein in each serving
- When experts look at whether a diet is healthy, they focus on “dietary quality.” The more plant-based proteins kids and adults eat, the better the overall dietary quality.
- The USDA says that good dietary quality is a major factor in children’s health and well-being.
- According to national data, children are consuming less than half the recommended amount of plant-based proteins.
- Daily Sunshine is a healthy between-meal snack that provides plant-based protein to help kids grow healthy and strong.
- ALA omega-3 fatty acids from flaxseed
- Healthy fats are key contributors to a healthy diet.
- According to the USDA, in a healthy diet with good dietary quality, the ratio of mono- and polyunsaturated fats vs. saturated fats is 2.5 or better. The ratio in Daily Sunshine is 4.
- This means that in every serving of Daily Sunshine you and your child are getting a favorable ratio of healthy fats. This is another important step in helping your child eat a healthy diet
CALCIUM AND VITAMIN D
- Fortified with vegan sources of calcium and vitamin D
- Helps build strong bones.
ANTIOXIDANT VITAMINS C AND E
- Excellent source of the antioxidant vitamins C (from acerola cherry) and E (from sunflower)
- Antioxidant vitamins C and E help fight free radical damage.
FIBER AND PROBIOTICS
- 3 grams of fiber from fruit and vegetable powders, pea protein, flaxseed, and cocoa; and probiotic Bacillus coagulans
- Helps support healthy digestion.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED IN DAILY SUNSHINE
We know many parents are concerned about what’s in their food, as well as food allergies or intolerances, so we’ve formulated Daily Sunshine with this in mind.
- Soy Free
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Certified Organic
- NO Artificial Flavors, Sweeteners, nor Preservatives
DAILY SUNSHINE NUTRITION FACTS
WHY IS DAILY SUNSHINE DIFFERENT FROM OTHER SMOOTHIES?
Most kids’ smoothies require trade-offs. They may have protein, but no veggies. Or fruit, but no healthy fats. Daily Sunshine is a 3-in-1 balance of a fruit and vegetable blend, plant-based proteins, and healthy fats:
- Made with organic fruits and vegetables
- Made with organic pea protein
- Made with ALA omega-3 fatty acids
- Formulated with fiber, probiotics, antioxidant vitamins C & E, calcium, and vitamin D
- Nutritionist developed
- Pediatrician-approved formula
- Kid-approved taste
- Certified organic by QAI
- Soy-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and non-GMO
- No artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives
WHY WAS DAILY SUNSHINE CREATED?
Every parent knows that kids need well-rounded diets to help them grow up healthy. And every parent faces the daily battle of
trying to convince their kids to eat fruits and vegetables. After similar food struggles with her own son, Isabelle Daikeler (co-formulator of Shakeology®), decided she needed a better solution.
So Isabelle created a whole-food-based smoothie focused on the building blocks of good nutrition—a fruit and veggie blend, plant-
based protein, and healthy fats. Then she included other things kids often don’t get enough of, like fiber and probiotics. And to
make sure kids would actually drink it, Daily Sunshine was tasted over and over again by the pickiest critics—kids—until the flavor
was just right. The result is a healthy AND delicious smoothie that kids love…and parents feel great about serving.
WHY YOUR FAMILY NEEDS DAILY SUNSHINE
Many families struggle with nutrition, especially around snack time when it’s so easy to grab a bag of chips or cookies. Even snacks that
claim to be healthy really aren’t when you read the nutrition labels.
Daily Sunshine is the alternative to unhealthy snacks that also helps kids meet their nutritional needs. And did we mention that 4 out of 5 pediatricians approve the Daily Sunshine formula?
HOW AND WHEN TO PREPARE
Daily Sunshine is fast to prepare, and requires no additional ingredients other than water, making it the perfect on-the-go smoothie for kids 4 and up. Kids will ask for Daily Sunshine as their after-school snack. Plus, it’s a great option for adults too, so you can keep a packet in your car, purse, or office for a quick healthy snack for yourself, whenever you need it.
CAN I STILL DRINK SHAKEOLOGY? WHY DO I NEED BOTH?
Yes, adults can drink both Daily Sunshine and Shakeology every day. They were designed to complement a healthy diet. Drink your Shakeology as you usually do, and then have Daily Sunshine as a healthy snack whenever you need a quick pick-me-up. It’s a great way to satisfy a sweet craving without sabotaging your health and fitness goals.
Shakeology was created to fill a specific need for a nutrient-dense shake packed with powerful ingredients. Many parents who love Shakeology also want to offer their kids a truly healthy shake. Daily Sunshine provides key nutrients in a simple, healthy formula for kids.
THE DAILY SUNSHINE REAL-FOOD PHILOSOPHY
Our philosophy is to use ingredients that are as close as possible to their natural, whole-food state to help maximize their nutrition and still make it convenient so that it can be enjoyed on a daily basis. With our expertise in making Shakeology, we know how to deliver superior nutrition—and make sure it tastes delicious.
Daily Sunshine starts with whole organic fruits and vegetables, which are carefully inspected and thoroughly washed. Then they’re pureed, strained to remove any unwanted seeds and stems, dried, and ground to a powder. That’s how we deliver whole-food ingredients in a healthy, delicious smoothie every day.