Shakeology Alternative: Choc. Vegan Shakeology vs Vega One
Is there currently a viable Shakeology alternative?
A alternative to Shakeology can be difficult to find because it is a very complex formula…
People have claimed the following to be viable Shakeology substitutes:
- Whey Protein Powder
- Body by Vi Shakes
- Slim Fast
- And many more…
While each of the above can serve a purpose depending on your needs, they are not a Shakeology substitute…
Many of the Shakeology alternatives can’t fully compare to what Shakeology is and they will always come up short…
Comparing Shakeology to any of the above “substitutes” would be like comparing a Pro Athlete to Average Joe…. It’s just not a fair comparison…
Luckily there is one possible Shakeology alternative that I recently found that you may be interested in, Vega One.
To be fair, we will compare Plant-Based Vega One Chocolate to Chocolate Vegan Shakeology.
Lets discover what Vega One and Shakeology has to offer…
What makes Shakeology and Vega One similar?
Both Shakeology and Vega One are plant based and make use of whole food sources.
While achieving their goals slightly differently, both are aiming to provide optimal health to you.
Their aim is not merely to be a “protein shake” or a “meal replacement shake”…
Instead these two are in a whole different category of health shake that has yet to be defined.
What are the Key differences between Shakeology and the “Shakeology alternative”, Vega One?
- Shakeology does not rely on vitamin and mineral isolates or other artificial means to get its core nutrients. The nutrition is all from plants alone.
- Vega One offers a Omega 3 blend.
- Shakeology has been reviewed by 100+ Doctors. Go over the Shakeology Doctor reviews.
- Shakeology offers 4 flavors: Greenberry, Chocolate, Chocolate Vegan, and Vegan Tropical Strawberry.
- Shakeology has a Superfood blend from diverse plants from around the world that are non-gentically modified (non-gmo) foods.
- Vega One offers 5 flavors: Chocolate, Berry, Vanilla Chai, French Vanilla, Natural.
- Vega One offers Vanilla flavors which brings into question how “natural” their shakes really are…
Learn more about “Natural” Flavored Shakes and Your Health Below:
Vega One All-In-One Chocolate & Chocolate Vegan Shakeology Nutrition Facts:
While both Vega One and Shakeology offers different flavors, it was decided to compare Vegan Chocolate to Vegan Chocolate to make the best comparison possible.
The nutrition facts below does not state the exact amount of each blend. Instead the nutrition facts below is a summary of what can be found in Vega One and Shakeology.
For the full Nutritional Facts:
- Vega One Chocolate: Made from natural, whole food ingredients. Vega One is free from dairy, gluten and soy, and contains no added sugar, artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners.
- Chocolate Vegan Shakeology: Uses only whole foods as its key ingredients. Contains no lactose, no dairy, no soy, no fructose, no added flavors or colors, and no artificial anything.
|Nutrition Group||Vega One Chocolate||Chocolate Vegan Shakeology|
|Total Fat||4 g||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||11 g||22 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g||5 g|
|Sugars||1 g||9 g|
|Protein||15 g||16 g|
|Protein Blend||Pea protein (Pisum sativum) , flax seed (Linum usitatissimum), SaviSeed™ (sacha inchi) protein (Plukenetia volubilis) (seed), hemp seed protein (Cannabis sativa), sprouted whole grain brown rice protein (Oryza sativa), chlorella (Chlorella vulgaris) (cracked cell, high CGF), organic gelatinized maca root (Lepidium meyenii)||Sacha Inchi, Chia, Flax, Quinoa, Amaranth, Brown Rice, Pea|
|Omega 3 Blend||Flax seed (Linum usitatissimum), chia seed (Salvia hispanica)||Not Stated.*|
|Green Blend||Chlorella (Chlorella vulgaris) (cracked cell, high CGF), alfalfa grass (Medicago sativa), spinach leaf (Spinacia oleracea),broccoli (Brassica oleracea var. italica) (floret) , kale leaf (Brassica oleracea)||Moringa, Chlorella, Spirulina, Spinach, Barley Grass, Kamut Grass, Wheat Grass, Oat Grass|
|Antioxidant Blend||Grapeseed extract (Vitis vinifera), maqui berry (Aristotelia chilensis), goji (Lycium barbarum) juice, acai berry (Euterpe oleracea), pomegranate (Punica granatum) seed, mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana)||Camu-Camu, Acai, Acerola Cherry, Bilberry, Goji Berry, Green Tea, Luo Han Guo, Pomegranate, Rose Hips|
|Adaptogen Blend||None.||Ashwagandha, Astragalus, Cordyceps, Ginkgo, Maca, Maitake, Reishi, Schisandra, Tulsi (Holy Basil)|
|Probiotic Blend||Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14, Bifidobacterium bifidum Bb-02||Yacon Root, Lactobacillus Sporogenes|
|Digestive Enzyme Blend||Pepzyme AG (Aminopeptidase, protease), HemiSEB (amylase, pectinase, phytase, hemicellulase)||Amylase, Cellulase, Lactase, Lipase, Protease, Bromelain, Papain|
|Vitamin and Minerals||Vitamin A (vitamin A palmitate), Vitamin B1 (thiamine HCl), Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (niacin), Vitamin B5 (calcium pantothenate), Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCl), Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin), Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate) , Vitamin D (ergocalciferol), Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl acetate), Vitamin K (phytonadione), Biotin, Folate (folic acid), Calcium (calcium phosphate tribasic), Chromium (chromium citrate), Copper (copper citrate), Iodine (potassium iodide), Iron (ferric pyrophosphate), Magnesium (magnesium citrate), Manganese (manganese citrate) , Molybdenum (molybdenum citrate), Phosphorus (calcium phosphate tribasic, potassium phosphate dibasic), Potassium (potassium phosphate), Selenium (selenium citrate), Zinc (zinc citrate dihydrate), Organic gelatinized maca root (Lepidium meyenii), Inulin (Cichorium intybus) root||None Stated.*|
|Superfood Blend||None.||Sprouted brown rice protein, Pea protein, Coconut flower nectar, Cacao, Konjac, Maca root (Lepidium meyenii), Yacon root (Smallanthus sonchifolius), Sacha inchi (Plukenetia volubilis, seed), Sprouted chia (Salvia hispanica, seed), Apple pectin (Ma/us pumila, fruit), MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane), Pomegranate (Pun/ca granatum, fruit), Spirulina (Arthrospira platens/s, Arthrospira maxima, whole), Chlorella (Ch/ore/la sp I whole), Acerola cherry (Malpighia glabra, fruit), Astragalus root (Astragalus membranaceus), Bilberry (Vaccinium sp., fruit), Sprouted flax (Linum usitatissimum, seed), Goji berry (Lycium barbarum), Moringa (Moringa oleifera, leaf), Himalayan salt, Cinnamon powder, Quinoa (Chenopodium quinoa, seed), Camu-Camu (Myrciaria dub/a, fruit), Acai (Euterpe oleracea, fruit), Pea fiber (P/sum spp., seed), Blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium, fruit), Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis, fungi), Enzyme blend (Protease, Amylase, Cellulase, Lipase, Papain, Lactase, Bromelain), Ashwagandha root (Withania somnifera), Maitake mushroom (Grifola frondosa), Lactobacillus sporogenes (as Bacillus coagulans), Luo Han Guo (Momordica grosvenori swingle), Spinach (Spinacia oleracea, leaf), Reishi mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum), Tulsi (Holy basil, Ocimum sanctum, leaf), Citrus bioflavonoids, Green tea (Camellia sinensis, leaf), Rose hips (Rosa canina, fruit), Schisandra (Schisandra spp , fruit), Amaranth (Amaranthus hypochondriacus, seed), Barley grass juice (Hordeum vulgare), Kamut grass juice (Triticum turanicum), Oat grass juice (Avena sativa), Wheat grass juice (Triticum aestivum), Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba, leaf).|
|Other Ingredients||Natural Dutch cocoa powder, natural chocolate, cocoa, xanthan gum, stevia leaf extract.||Tapioca and Stevia.|
*Shakeology gains all it’s nutrients from plant sources. Vitamins and minerals are not stated because it can vary from sourcing and no vitamin and minerals isolates are used to guarantee a certain amount. Flax seed and chia seeds are used in Shakeology but there is no guarantee of Omega 3.
Learn more about the Shakeology Nutrition Groups and their benefits here:
Vega One and Shakeology Benefits:
We can’t compare these two without also going over the benefits that they state.
Benefits Stated of VegaOne:
- Cover your key nutrient bases for optimal health
- Provide energy to sustain an active life
- Help metabolize fats, proteins and carbohydrates
- Support normal glucose metabolism
- Develop strong bones and teeth, and maintain healthy skin and eyes
- Facilitate proper muscle function and repair of connective tissue
- Promote natural, healthy intestinal flora
- Help support a healthy immune system
Benefits Stated of Shakeology:
- Lower your Cholesterol
- Lower your risk for serious health issues
- Have fewer digestive issues
- Feel lighter and more energetic
- Reduce cravings
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Support your immune system
Cost of Chocolate Vegan Shakeology & the Vega One “Shakeology substitute”:
|Vega One Chocolate||Chocolate Vegan Shakeology|
|Number of Servings||20||30|
|Cost per Container||$69.99||$120.95|
|Cost per Serving||$3.50||$4.33|
Taste Differences Between Vega One Chocolate and Chocolate Vegan Shakeology
They’re both fairly similar when mixed with ice and water.
- Both are not entirely smooth and creamy but not gritty.
- Often, vegan shakes are very gritty but these two are similar in consistency.
- Taste wise, I enjoy the Chocolate Shakeology better. Shakeology didn’t have a strong and over bearing “healthy” taste like Vega One.
- The taste of Vega One was great at first but after the third morning of trying it, it made me nauseous.
- Other Vega One reviews also noted the same distaste for the flavor.
- Personally, the Vegan Chocolate Shakeology is the best tasting.
Final Thoughts on Vegan Chocolate Shakeology and the “Alternative to Shakeology”, Vega One Chocolate:
- Shakeology is often called over priced and doesn’t have the Omega blend of Vega One.
- Vega One lacks the super foods that have been beneficial to several cultures around the world and Vega One has not been reviewed by Doctors.
From looking online for reviews, Shakeology is far ahead of Vega One in benefits.
People will often argue that it’s just Team Beachbody Coaches like me that are pushing and giving positive reviews of Shakeology…
However, Vega One also has a similar affiliate program where people get paid to sell Vega products.
- Learn more about the Shakeology Affiliate Program here…
And Shakeology also has a few people who dislike Shakeology…
- Some are very positive and a few are negative…
- Once at Team Beachbody, under the “What You Get” box, click on “Printable Reviews” on the left.
And finally, Shakeology offers Super foods, used by ancient civilizations, to help with your health…
Vega One does offer a Omega 3 blend and guarantee a certain amount of Vitamins and Minerals but…
The Vegan Shakeology flavors do not state Vitamin and Minerals because all it’s nutrients are plant based and can vary from the sourcing of the plants… (Learn more about Vegan Shakeology)
The none vegan Chocolate and Greenberry Shakeology flavors do provide a rich amount of vitamins and minerals with the use of isolates.
Should you buy Shakeology or Vega One?
Although Vega One is considered a “alternative” to Shakeology, Vega One is limited in it’s health beneficial ingredients compared to Shakeology.
And… from personally trying VegaOne… I could only handle about a quarter of the tub if that… I just couldn’t stomach the taste after two weeks of trying it…
Not amount of peanut butter or bananas could cover up the horrible taste of VegaOne, I ended up trashing it over forcing myself to drink it.
Conclusion… For less than a $1 more per serving, you can enjoy the health benefits of a natural, vegan, superior tasting, health shake with Shakeology…. The difference is truly seen in the quality.
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Please Share this post. You never know when someone you know is looking for this exact information.
Have a great day!
Work With Me – Leaders Only
P.S. If you are looking for a way to increase your fitness, nutrition, social, and even occupational wellness, be sure to start with a FREE Team Beachbody Account and you will get support, motivation, and gain access to free tools to keep you on track with your wellness goals.
P.P.S. Check out what O Magazine, Go Dairy Free, Meal Replacement Shake Reviews.com, and many more had to say about Shakeology: 3rd Party Shakeology Reviews
Filed under: Uncategorized
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!