Is Shakeology Vegan friendly?… YES!!!! That’s right, Shakeology offers 2 Shakeology flavors that are friendly for those who want a Vegan health shake. The two Vegan Shakeology flavors are Chocolate and Tropical Strawberry.
In this article, we’ll compare Shakeology Vegan flavors vs Regular Shakeology and also give a in-depth Shakeology Vegan review. Enjoy!
Shakeology Vegan vs Regular Shakeology
All Shakeology flavors include the following core ingredients:
- Protein and Essential Amino Acids to help build muscle and reduce food cravings.
- Prebiotics, Probiotics and Digestive Enzymes, which aid in improving digestion, regularity, and nutrient absorption.
- Adaptogens which have highly concentrated nutrients that can help your body cope with stress, provide energy, and maintain a strong immune system.
- Antioxidants and phytonutrients (plant-sourced ingredients), which have shown promise in helping prevent a wide variety of degenerative conditions.
Check out the Superfood formula for both Vegan Shakeology flavors below, this comes direct from the Nutrition Facts:
Vegan Shakeology Nutrition Facts:
There are two main differences when comparing Shakeology Vegan vs Regular Shakeology:
1. Vitamins & Minerals: The regular Shakeology flavors are fortified with Vitamins and Minerals. However, the Vegan Shakeology flavors do contain vitamins & minerals naturally because of the whole food ingredients used. Yet, because every whole food ingredient varies by how much vitamins and minerals they contain, Beachbody does not provide vitamin and mineral information. This is why you won’t see Vitamins and Minerals labeled on the Vegan Shakeology flavors (see images below for the Shakeology Vegan ingredients/Nutrition Facts).
2. Protein Source: The regular Shakeology flavors are created with a high quality whey protein isolate. The Vegan Shakeology protein contains a few different sources. However, the Vegan Shakeology, nor any Shakeology flavor DOES NOT contain Soy, nor anything GMO. Instead, the Vegan Shakeology Protein includes the following:
By combining those 6 protein sources, Beachbody created Vegan Shakeology flavors that contain essential amino acids, including leucine, isoleucine, and lysine which are often difficult to obtain on a vegan diet.
Shakeology Vegan Review
As you saw earlier, we covered the Vegan Shakeology ingredients in pretty good detail. Enough to even answer if Shakeology is soy based?… Which NO Shakeology flavor contains soy because most soy sources are genetically modified (GMO) and soy has been found to screw around with people’s hormones.
Instead, Beachbody uses only NON-GMO ingredients in all their Shakeology flavors and also make use of natural whole-food ingredients from around the world. Click here to Learn more about the Shakeology ingredients
So, the next question on most people’s minds is how do the Shakeology Vegan flavors taste? Great question. Here’s a quick Vegan Flavor review…
Vegan Chocolate Shakeology Review: Personally the Vegan Chocolate flavor is my most favorite flavor and if you love Chocolate too, you probably will agree. The Regular Chocolate Shakeology flavor is OK, but for me it comes out too thick and creamy. The Vegan Chocolate is just the right amount of thickness. Plus, the best part is that it actually tastes like Chocolate. Not like other chocolate shakes on the market that leave a horrible aftertaste. Trust me, I’ve tasted some horrible chocolate shakes in my past.
Tropical Strawberry Shakeology Review: Out of all Shakeology flavors, Tropical Strawberry and Greenberry are my least favorite. It’s not that I won’t drink them if offered but they’re not my first choice. Yet, I believe Tropical Strawberry is a little better than Greenberry because Greenberry has an over-bearing sweet taste. Tropical Strawberry is a very light flavor, which is great if you’re planning on adding extra fruits to your shake. Beachbody intentionally made Tropical Strawberry light in flavor so that it can easily be customized. And since Tropical Strawberry was updated in May 2014, it became a much smoother shake than when it first came out.
Pick the Shakeology flavor you want to try out below:
SAVE MONEY ON SHAKEOLOGY TIP: Want to save big on the Shakeology price? When ordering Shakeology, make sure to order Shakeology with Monthly Auto-ship. This saves you over $12 with every order. And you can cancel at any time by calling Beachbody.
Not sure which Vegan Shakeology flavor to try? Then check out the following Shakeology Sample Options:
A cheaper option is to order a Combo box of single servings. This includes the following combo deals:
- 8 Chocolate / 8 Vanilla / 8 Cafe Latte
- 8 Chocolate / 8 Vanilla / 8 Strawberry
- 12 Chocolate Vegan / 12 Tropical Strawberry Vegan
You can place your order for these combo boxes or any other Shakeology flavor below:
Submit your review
I love love love shakeology! I have tried several protein shakes, gone to the vitamin stores, etc. For the past year I have been searching and was very hesitant to try skakeology because of the price. Heres the thing this actually costs about the same and from my experience WAY LESS in comparison to the other protein powders that I have bought.Why? The main reason is I would have to buy two-three of the same product to equal one bag of Shakeology. I was spending extra money to make up for lack of vitamins. I was swallowed into a money pit of $200+ a month. Now I don't spend more than $150. I have saved money switching to shakeology.
Shakeology has been my daily dose of dense nutrition for over seven months. When I have ran out for a day or so, I feel like I am missing something. Shakeology has given me that sweetness that has taken the edge off for my cravings as well. I feel as though after I have it, I feel like I have more energy as well as being in a better mood!
I have been using Shakeology for 2 months best meal replacement shake I have tried. Taste good and have lost 15 pounds. I put half milk and half water add 5 ice cubes and mix it in a blender sometimes add 1/2 a banana. It is a little high priced but I don't buy allot of the junk food I use to so my grocery bill has went down. Oh that is with the Strawberry flavor. Vanilla was good to. didn't care much for the chocolate and have not tried the Goberry. I would try the 25 packet sample box that way you can try the chocolate, vanilla and strawberry and figure out which one you like best.
I have one for breakfast and one for lunch. After a couple of days my cravings for sweets were completely gone. I was left feeling satisfied for hours after drinking shakeology. I haven't found any other protein shake that even comes close to the way shakeology curbs your appetite and eliminates cravings.After drinking shakeology daily for 2 months and engaging in moderate exercise for 30 mins a day, I lost 31 lbs. I highly recommend shakeology to anyone who is looking for something to reduce cravings, gives you energy, and boosts metabolism to help you lose weight. Yes, it's pricey, but to me it's worth it.
I have tried GNC and Costco protein options hoping to save some money. Several reasons I will go back to shakeology. 1) definitely curves the sweet graving 2) very filling; with fruits and veggies added. All I have for breakfast 3) I have had many hot flashes with the other brands and none with shakeology. Only negative is price and monthly commitment.