Vegan Meal Replacement Shakes: Health in a Glass
Eating healthy is not easy in today’s society.
Vegans for a long time had to struggle in order to get the proper nutrition in their bodies.
Often struggling to find a good vegan protein shake and a good vegan meal replacement shake.
Many Vegan health shakes are gritty, taste horrible, and aren’t exactly the healthiest thing you can drink.
One popular vegan meal replacement shake I was unfortunate to try was VegaOne…
Check out my VegaOne vs Shakeology review here
VegaOne Chocolate is impossible to take down for very long. It has a strong and horrible taste that not even peanut butter can cover up. I ended up throwing it away.
I was very hopeful that VegaOne would be similar to the Beachbody Vegan Chocolate Shakeology…
But my VegaOne experience truly made me realize that the Beachbody Vegan Shakeology flavors have a advantage not only in flavor but also the quality of the ingredients.
Here’s what Beachbody came out with for the new Vegan Shakeology flavors…
All of the nutrition in Tropical Strawberry and Chocolate Vegan Shakelogy are 100% derived from exotic fruits and other plants…
I will now like to share why the Beachbody Vegan Shakeology flavors are not only the best nutrition shake you can buy but also the best vegan meal replacement shake and vegan protein shake.
Some Common Pitfalls with Living a Vegan Lifestyle:
1. Whole Foods
When you live a Vegan lifestyle, you need a variety of vegetable and fruits, whole grain products, milk alternatives, and meat alternatives because vitamin and mineral supplements cannot provide every nutrient you need.
Unfortunately vitamin and mineral supplements cannot replicate actually eating whole foods.
And many pills are not even digested by the body but instead released out just like it went in.
Fiber has also been found to be difficult to duplicate as a pill and the lack of fiber has been found to contribute to cases of diabetes, heart disease, and colon cancer.1
The Beachbody Vegan Shakeology shakes are designed to be like eating the fruit straight from the vine. And includes:
- Essential Amino Acids and Protein
- Prebiotics and Digestive Enzymes
- Vitamins and Minerals
Beachbody states that it uses “100% unprocessed and unrefined whole food ingredients, you’ll absorb vitamins and nutrients in the most holistic and easily assimilated way—the way nature intended.”
Learn more: Beachbody Vegan Shakeology Nutrition Info
2. Declining Health
A Survey conducted by Psychology Today, found that the number one reason Vegetarians return to eating meat was because of Declining Health.2
3. Poor Sources of Protein
Soy has been highly acclaimed as the go to protein source for those who want an alternative meat source.
Recent research has shown soy to be linked to raising cancer risk, causing nutrient deficiencies, osteoporosis, thyroid problems, reproductive difficulties, and Alzheimer’s Disease.3
What can you incorporate into your diet for better health?
If you’re looking for something that’s more than a vegan protein shake or an average vegan meal replacement shake, then you’re looking for the Beachbody Vegan Shakeology shakes.
With the ingredients found in the Tropical Strawberry and Chocolate Vegan Shakeology it would be difficult not to get the nutrients needed for optimal health!
Tropical Strawberry and Chocolate Vegan Shakeology is:
- 100% Vegan
- Soy and Dairy Free
- Gluten Free*
- Lactose Free
- And no added vitamin or mineral isolates
And it was created by Shakeology’s own Super Food hunter, Darin Olien who is also a vegan.
*Gluten Free: The ingredients in Shakeology are Gluten free but it’s not certified Gluten Free. Check out this video: Is Shakeology Gluten Free?
Beachbody Vegan Shakeology Reviews:
Go Dairy Free: Vegan Shakeology Review
Alissa Fleming of Go Dairy Free reviewed the Vegan Shakeology flavors and had the following to say…
The Pros: Dairy-Free Nutrition, Diet-Friendly, Low Sugar
- It is fairly low calorie (160 per serving), but packs in so many nutrients including: 15 grams of protein from raw sprouted brown rice, 9 essential amino acids, prebiotics, probiotics, digestive enzymes, and loads of “superfood” ingredients for antioxidants.
- The vegan shakeology suits a variety of special diets.
- It is fairly low in sugar. It’s almost dessert-like and when blended, not bad compared to other options on the market.
The Cons: Rice Protein Texture, Cost, Too Sweet?
- Since it uses a brown rice protein base, it has that “powdery” texture. If you’ve had brown rice protein, then you know what I’m talking about. Some people love it. I’m not a big fan, but when blended into a smoothie, the texture mellows quite a bit.
- Shakeology strawberry is a little overly sweet in my opinion.
- This isn’t a cheap meal replacement! I can say it is out of my budget for regular purchase, but if it fits your needs, it may be worth the price tag.
- They pack a lot of info onto that packet, but fail to note if it does supply any of your days essential vitamins and minerals.
Alissa ended her review of Shakeology by stating:
“Though I would give the Strawberry Shakeology 4 stars, just knocking one star off for the cons noted above, I have since trialed the Chocolate Vegan Shakeology, which just nudges this review up to 5 stars.”
Learn why vitamin & minerals are not stated on the Vegan flavors here: Beachbody Vegan Shakeology Nutrition Info
Meal Replacement Shake Reviews.com: Shakeology Review
At the time of writing this post Meal Replacement Shake Reviews.com has reviewed just over 36 different meal replacement shakes…
Such meal replacement shakes reviews from MealReplacementShakeReviews.com include:
Of the 36+ meal replacement shakes on the market, Shakeology is in the top 3!
For fair comparison, MealReplacementShakeReviews.com rated VegOne as 7.6 overall and had the following to say about it’s taste: “And then you taste it and realize…”Oh, it’s because they didn’t care at all how it tastes…””
Here are two important notes to consider about Meal Replacement Shake Reviews.com review of Shakeology:
- Value: The cost is higher than most vegan meal replacement shakes and vegan protein shakes… If you only want a meal replacement shake or protein shake, then I would not recommend Shakeology.
- There are several Shakeology ingredients that will help you feel full like a vegan meal replacement shake and has enough protein in it to be called a vegan protein shake… but Vegan Shakeology will benefit your health above your expectations.
- Taste: Meal Replacement Shake Reviews.com tried out the Greenberry Shakeology flavor. Honestly, that flavor is not the easiest to stomach if you’re not a health nut to begin with.
- The Vegan Chocolate flavor is much better tasting. Check out the following post if you’re wondering: Which Shakeology flavor tastes best?
Tropical Strawberry and Chocolate Vegan Shakeology are the premium vegan meal replacement shakes/vegan protein shakes…
Yes, the Beachbody Vegan Shakeology shakes can be used as a meal replacement shake or protein shake but they’re much more than that… They’re a complete nutrition and health shake.
If you’re looking for something that tastes good and will benefit your health, then you’ve found it.
Here are the Top 5 Benefits of ordering your Vegan Shakeology on Monthly Auto-ship:
- Free Shipping/Handling!
A huge savings considering that you’ll want Shakeology every month!
- Two free Shakeology Workouts!
You’ll get instant online access with your order confirmation. Check out the Shakeology Program to get max weight loss results with Shakeology.
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
If you don’t feel the health benefits from drinking the Shakeology meal replacement shake every day, then send it back for a refund.
- You can pause your monthly auto-ship, change your monthly auto-ship to bi-monthly, or cancel your auto-ship order with one simple call to Beachbody…
Here’s the number for A+ customer satisfaction according to the Better Business Bureau: 1-800-470-7870
- Best of all… Shakeology brings together nature’s natural health benefits in a simple and tasty shake for you!
Here’s a small list of the health benefits:
- Increased energy and stamina
- Accelerated weight loss
- Increases in lean muscle mass
- Improved digestion and bowel regularity
- Boosts in mental clarity
- Reduced junk food cravings
- Lowered cholesterol
- Experience Vitality…
Have a great day.
Filed under: Shakeology Review
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!